Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Optical Head-Mounted Displays: A Capstone Experience at the University of Virginia

Transcript: http://bit.ly/1GvpiuM

Google Glass in Healthcare Capstone
Thursday, June 18, 2015
9:00 pm Eastern/6:00 pm Pacific time
#medlibs Twitter chat
Led by Kimberley Barker


Hi, everybody!

I'm excited to chat about the capstone experience with which I was involved this past year. It focused on the limits and possibilities of optical head-mounted displays in healthcare- specifically the areas of teaching and standard work.

A digital version of the poster that I presented last month at MLA is available here: (note: you must be logged in with your email address and badge number to view it). There is also an audio file of me giving a breathless, 58-second synopsis of the poster :)

For those of you weren't able to attend MLA (and those of you who don't want to have to log in!): here's the poster:


The capstone was, for me, a crazy ride. I was by turns thrilled to be involved, beset with doubts about the fact that I was involved, frustrated by the turns that the project took, thrilled to be intellectually challenged, and sad when it ended.

I'll discuss all of this during this Thursday's (June 18th) chat, at 9PM Eastern. If you have specific questions about the project- and have time- please tweet them at me (@kr_barker) prior to the chat so that I can be as effective as possible during our hour togther :) Join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment